Monday, February 27, 2012

You never think it can happen to you... Boy can we be so wrong..

One community brought to tears.. There is a dark cloud over Chardon Ohio this week.

Tj Lane a junior at Chardon High School, arrived at school Monday morning with a hand gun and a knife.. Students were carrying on like usual, the first bell rung and they headed to class.. My brother, Johnny, was in the cafe and left to go to class in room 203. Tj stood up in the cafe and took aim at three students and fired away, from less than five feet away.. He then ran down the hall took aim again hitting  2 more students, .. The ass. football coach Mr. Hall chased Tj out of the school where he fled on foot.. Mr. Ricci was in his room when the lockdown was put in place with the first shots being fired.. He heard moaning in the hall and dragged a wounded student into his room, where he did first aid. He let the student, Nick, call his mom and dad and his girlfriend on Riccis cell phone. My brother was right down the hall under a computer table crying.

I woke up this morning to my mom calling my phone at 843 that morning, I actually ignored her call then realized it was odd for her to call so early since she knew I had class at ten.. I called her back and the first thing she said was "There was a shooting at the high school.." I couldnt help but start crying and cut her off asking "Is he Dead?!"  My mom at this point was balling like my self.  In the midst of the two sentances I was up with my pants on and just a bra on standing in my house hallway. My mom said "I dont know, I cant get ahold of him, the school isnt answering" and I had my mind up I was going home. My roommate had awoken thinking it was my back again since two weeks before I woke crying and went to the hospital.. She came out seeing me crying on the phone.. I know I asked if I can come home, and my mom said "No, but I have to keep my phone open, Ill text you as soon as I know anything" She was already at the school outside waiting.. She later texted me saying students were coming out, but she didnt see Johnny.. For what felt like an hour I waited, trying to find a news channel covering the story but Erie didnt have anything, so I went online and got all the stories.  At 900 my mom called me "Hes alive, Im with him". I heard Johnny in the background crying.

I have never been so afraid in my life.. I never thought anything like this would have ever happened to me or even to my high school.. We dont live in that kind of town..  Tj ran down the road to his car where he turned himself into to bystanders. He was arrested on woodin road, he had a gun and knife on him.

Throughout the day rumors flew of the students who were shot, and who the shooter was. Daniel Parmertor, Joy Rickers, Nick Walzack, Demetrius Hewlin, and Russell King were the five students attacked. Sadly the day dragged on as names were being said as to have passed away, finally the news would confirm each deceased. One by one, all the way till midnight. Three students have passed: 1. Daniel Parmertor, 2. Russell King , 3. Demetrius Hewlin.. The other two students are still in serious condition.. 

I knew the shooter Tj Lane, He was a freshmen when I was a senior.. He was in my, along with 4 other seniors, mentoring class.. He was a quiet kid, but I never ever would have thought he could do this... Never.. He clearly was disturbed to be able to do this..

One school, One community, Five victims.. Our hearts beat as one as we all sit in awe, crying and wondering why did this happen to us.. I thank god for those teachers who saved my brother and so many others, along with thanking the Police and the FBI and The Swat team..

Our school will never be the same, our community will never be the same.. Those students who witnessed their friends being slain, will never sleep right again.. I couldnt even make it an hour today with out crying... 2/27/2012 <3

I could post a million videos about this, but itd be easier to just google, Chardon High School Shooting 2/27/2012, watch what you like but it isnt easy to read the stories or watch the interviews.. I link several words here to important articles but there are so many more.. Please the only way to not repeat history is to know it..

No comments:

Post a Comment