Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I need to become a networked learner...

While reading the pln's chapter two, Im realizing i need to open up more to the technology in the classroom. But like the book says "it all begins with your individual practice", which is where this blog comes in, Im trying to incorporate it into my life.  The book also mentions Twitter, Diigo, Facebook, Google Reader and Blogger. I use two of those network sites, although i didnt realize that until now. I use facebook and blogger. I dont really understand the point of twitter, and i have no idea what Diigo or google reader is.. I love how the book admits on page 37 paragraph 2, that "face to face networks" are still very important and needed. Towards the end of the chapter, it talks about being in the talking to an "empty room" effect. I feel thats the pharse Im stuck in. Im just posting becasue i have to not because i have readers or followers waiting. I havent hit that moment when i realize why Im doing this or how well this help me grow as a teacher? I guess I understand the books view that haveing networks in your personal life can help you broaden your views, opinions, and ideas, but in class we talk about how we can use it in class. Thats what where Im having trouble. Im more of a Rudolf Steiner kinda teacher, I discourage tvs and computers at least until later ages.. The chapter ends with "Your netwrok will grow, and your learning will never be the same." Im looking forward to having a growing network and having my opinions changed with my learning styles being perfected..

No comments:

Post a Comment